Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Sunday, September 13, 2015

31 DAY NAIL ART CHALLENGE 2015 (DAYS 1-10)

Hello :) I hope you all are having a nice, relaxing weekend. 

If you've been following me on any of my Social Media sites over the last 3 years you may remember that each September I participate in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge. 

I am doing it again this year, but instead of posting each design individually I will be posting them in 3 different posts (10 designs at a time). It's quite difficult to do my nails everyday, let alone take photos, edit them, add them to all of my Social Media sites and then write up a Blog post...so this year I'm doing it a bit different and I'd love to know whether you like it this way, or the way I've previously done it...so please feel free to give me some feedback :)

DAY 1 - RED NAILS



I kept this design super simple and used one of my new polish from LondonTown. You can see the plain swatch of this beautiful polish called Lady Luck in my previous Blog posts, here. I stamped over the top with Funky Fingers Black Knight and BornPrettyStore Plate BPL-024. I liked the matte look of the black stamp against the shiny red polish so much that I decided not to topcoat the design.

DAY 2 - ORANGE NAILS



This design was inspired by @thenailpolishchallenge. I have never done an Ikat design before this, but always wanted to...so I went searching for a design I liked, and then made it my own :)
The colors I used were Essie Fear or Desire, OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around and black and white acrylic paint.

DAY 3 - YELLOW NAILS



I love yellow and grey together! So for this design I kept it simple using China Glaze Happy Go Lucky and OPI Suzi Takes the Wheel, along with some Palm Tree Stickers I received from the BornPrettyStore.

DAY 4 - GREEN NAILS



I'm not sure if this is a design that is also considered Ikat? but I've seen it a few different times and decided to give it a try. The 2 green polishes I used were Everlasting Meadow by Royal Polish and The Jungle Look by Ulta. The white was painted on using watered down acrylic paint.

DAY 5 - BLUE NAILS



I have NEVER been more IN LOVE with a design than I am with this one!! <3 I was inspired by a design done by +LemmingsPolish. She created a design similar with multiple colors and it is by far my most favorite Nail design ever!! I recreated it with the only (similar) glitter polish I had, free handed the scales with white acrylic paint and then placed all of the charms where I wanted. The glitter polish I used is by Julep called Carly, and I applied a base color underneath by Royal Polish called Robin's Egg.

DAY 6 - VIOLET NAILS



I realize this design is more white than purple, but while I was playing around with different stamping designs I came up with this beauty and couldn't not do it ;) I applied Fancy Gloss Frozen Berries over each nail and then stamped the image with Funky Fingers Gesso and BornPrettyStore plate BPL-024.

DAY 7 - BLACK & WHITE NAILS



I created this design a few days before the 31DC started, but decided to save it because I knew there was a day for Black & White Nails. I used Funky Fingers Black Knight, Lace Floral Stickers I received last year from the BornPrettyStore (which I also used in last years 31 Day Challenge, see that design here. It was day 26) and Pearls from Ebay. I decided I really wanted more of a Vintage look so I finished it off with a matte topcoat.

DAY 8 - METALLIC NAILS



I've never been a fan of this day in the 31DC, it always stresses me out for some reason, so I kept this design simple using 2 different silver polishes from Bundle Monster and a stamp from BornPrettyStore, BPL-022.

DAY 9 - RAINBOW NAILS



RAINBOW!! :D How can you look at this and not feel happy? I used quite a few colors for this design...as you can already tell ;P I started with Funky Fingers Gesso then applied all of my colors to my stamping plate, which was Winstonia plate W203. The colors I stamped with are all from Liquid Sky Lacquer, Meet Cha at the Pink Kitty, Pass the Salsa, CAUTION: Party in Progress, Private Charter and The Passion Club.

DAY 10 - GRADIENT NAILS



 Surprisingly, for such a simple design, this is now my most liked design on both FB and IG. I wanted to keep it subtle, but it didn't quite feel finished until I added China Glaze Fairy Dust. Fairy Dust can literally enhance any design! The 3 colors I used for the gradient are also from my previous post (see here), LondonTown Murray Me, The Full Monty and Mauve Over.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and look forward to more!

Have a great night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment