Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Sunday, December 22, 2013

JULEP SWATCH & REVIEW

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope everyone is having a great Holiday season! Today I have some swatches from my December Julep Maven box. I did receive it a few weeks ago and I'm just now getting to it because I was too excited about doing Christmas themed nail art :P

My Maven style is It Girl, so my monthly box usually always consists of 3 polishes. I wasn't going to get my December box because it wasn't prudent for me at the time but I forgot to skip it...and I'm kind of glad I did. I received some beautiful polishes and my next Maven box is free :)



These are the 3 polishes I received, and at first glance I wasn't very excited about Celia and Shoshanna. But I LOVE Evelyn!! I have a Julep polish similar to Evelyn but it's a little bit darker. This one is the perfect color for my toes :)


 

  

Celia was one I was iffy about. The color did look pretty but I wasn't sure that I would like it...I was completely wrong. The second I started painting my nails I fell in love with it! I love that it reminds me of a Mermaid's tail! It is a beautiful green chrome/metallic polish with a hint of silver. I applied two coats for complete opaqueness.




Shoshanna is the only Julep polish I've received that I have not liked. Although it looks gorgeous on, it did not apply very well. I had to apply 3 coats to get the look below and the 3rd coat I had to apply in a sort of dabbing motion instead of the normal brush stroke. I assume this polish is meant to go over the top of mani's or other nail polishes...I do have a few other glittery gold polishes and one thing I do like about this one over my other gold glitters is that it has not only gold glitter but rainbow glitter as well. But overall I have to admit this is my least favorite.





Evelyn is a beautiful creme polish. I am in love with this color and could wear it every day of the year! It's pretty opaque, you could probably get away with one coat. I applied two just to make sure all nails had even coverage. 





(All swatches done with Seche Vite base and top coat)

No comments:

Post a Comment