Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

31 DAY NAIL ART CHALLENGE: BLUE NAILS

I'm back again! And I have 5 days done, which means only 26 more to go!! :P hahaha. Even though it's only day 5 of 31 the time is going by really fast.

So today's design is one I was really looking forward too. The reason why is because I am In Love with blue nails! Plus the past few months my blue polishes have gone from a few to more than a few! :P So I knew that I had to come up with something fun :)


See! This picture just screams for a fun blue design, right!? Well after sitting and trying to figure out what to do for probably an hour, trying a few things and not liking it...I ended up doing a design I've seen before by @emmaclarem. And I only used 1 (ONE) blue hahahaha!! After pulling out all of my blues and getting so excited, I ended up only using one! :P But I couldn't be more happy with the way it turned out :)



If you have been checking out my posts for the last few days you're probably thinking that this design looks alot like my Yellow Nails, and I agree. It's pretty much the same thing. The chevron is facing the opposite direction, and obviously the colors are different but it's basically the same thing. The only thing I decided to do with this one was, instead of using 2 different blues, I used one and only applied my shiny topcoat (Seche Vite) to the top half of the nails and then finished the bottom half with my matte top coat (Essie), which gives it a whole different look. I tried the shiny top coat on the entire nail and it just wasn't as eye catching...the matte almost makes it look like velvet or something :) I love it!



The 2 colors I used for this design were again, both China Glaze polishes...if you haven't guessed yet it is one of my favorite brands :) The blue is Man Hunt, and the gold sparkle is I'm Not Lion



So again, even though I didn't use as many blues as I had hoped/planned, I love this design! It would be so perfect for a date night or some type of formal event, maybe a prom or a wedding :) For me I would totally wear it every day :P But seeing as how I am doing a 31 Day challenge, I can't wear it longer than 24 hours lol...so I'll see you tomorrow with some purple nails! 



1 comment: