Nail Passion

Nail Art is my passion! This blog is all about nails :) I wanted to share my passion with others and be able to connect and follow others who share the same interests! I hope you enjoy my blog :) Feel free to comment, like, share and/or give feedback. (You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest).

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

STRIPING TAPE

Do you guys remember back in September when I did my first nail design using striping tape? (If you didn't see it you can view it here), I wasn't to happy about the results, even though it looked good. The reason I didn't like the tape the first time I tried it was because I didn't quite cut the tape short enough, so it peeled off very quickly. I realized after I finished that design that you need to make sure to cut the tape slightly before the end of your nail and then cover the end really well with a top coat.

This past week I tried using striping tape again and I am very happy to announce that this time was a success! I really like the way it turned out!




This first one, I actually did not leave the tape on, I just used it to create the lines. I started off with a base coat and then painted my nails with Ulta, Set the Nude. Then using my striping tape, I created the different lines and then painted over top using Ulta, Grin & Berry It. Once I had painted all of my nails I removed the tape to reveal this beautiful nail design :)




This is the second of my striping tape designs :) This one was inspired by different photos I have seen recently on Instagram, so I decided to try it for myself. The colors I chose were Essie, Borrowed & Blue, China Glaze, Frostbite and Sinful Colors, Savage. I apologize that these pictures aren't the best, once again I didn't have my camera so I did the best I could with my Iphone and the lighting. But all in all I do love this! :) The gold with the blue is very pretty! The pictures don't do this design justice.

Do you guys like the striping tape?


2 comments:

  1. I love the design AND the colors you chose to do it in. Absolutely beautiful sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete